Thursday, June 12, 2008

Talking CPR Flashlight Could Save a Life



 
 

Sent to you by Max_Blogger via Google Reader:

 
 

via Coolest Gadgets by Mark R on 6/9/08

I learned CPR in high school, but I must confess that I never had the opportunity to use it. So if someone ever collapsed in front of me, I'm not certain whether I would remember the exact CPR steps needed to revive him or her. Considering that administering CPR is a life or death situation, making a mistake could be disastrous.

Fortunately, there is a device that can remind me what to do. The Talking CPR Flashlight has step-by-step instructions for both adults and children, and will tell them to you in a loving, unnaturally calm, female voice. You can even hit the "Pause" button in case you need to hear the crucial information again.

Apparently, these instructions are compliant with AHA 2005 guidelines, and I'm not certain why they haven't been updated to at least 2007. I do know that you should probably take a CPR course before using this product, as the Talking CPR Flashlight assumes you know what you are doing.

As for the flashlight portion, it is a super bright beam. The Talking CPR Flashlight is powered by 2 AAA batteries, and is about four inches long. It can be purchased on the Full of Life website for about $35.98.

Source


Cool Gift Idea: Digital Picture Frames, check out our reviews.


 
 

Things you can do from here: